If you have oily complexion skin, it may seem like your makeup application efforts are useless. Especially when it comes to foundation and concealer. Concealer is essential because you want to conceal under-eye circles, cover blemishes, blur imperfections, and highlight your features. Your skin may be greasy, but not look always shiny. So you need something that works and stays put. Choose a concealer with a matte finish. A color that suits your skin tone and a format that you like to deal with. Even though liquids are the standard, there are other methods that are equally effective. The finish should be one that prevents further oiliness. And the shade must be the right one for a natural appearance.
We have created a list of the best concealers for oily skin and dark circles. Scroll down to check them out!
Table Of Contents
- 1 9 Best Concealer for Oily Skin and Dark Circles
- 1.1 1) NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer
- 1.2 2) Urban Decay Stay Naked Correcting Concealer
- 1.3 3) E.l.f. Cosmetics 16HR Camo Concealer
- 1.4 4) Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Concealer
- 1.5 5) Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer
- 1.6 6) Juvia’s Place I Am Magic Concealer
- 1.7 7) NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Contour Concealer
- 1.8 8) L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer
- 1.9 9) Swiss Beauty Liquid Concealer
- 2 Questions about concealer application
- 3 Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
- 4 How to Pick the Right Concealer For Oily Skin And Dark Circles
- 5 Conclusion
9 Best Concealer for Oily Skin and Dark Circles
1) NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer
NARS’ Soft Matte Complete Concealer provides balanced coverage, blurring pores and flaws effectively. Its light-diffusing spheres spread light on the skin, gel-like hyaluronic acid offers hydration and prevents caking.
- For all skin types.
- Oxidation resistant.
- Contains Alcohol.
- Can irritant.
2) Urban Decay Stay Naked Correcting Concealer
Urban Decay Stay Naked Correcting Concealer is versatile and adaptable. With its buildable and long-lasting formula, you can conceal spots, brighten under-eyes, and contour cheekbones. Even it also features a dual-sided wave tip for your perfect amount of coverage.
- Super creamy formula.
- Not full coverage.
- Can creases.
3) E.l.f. Cosmetics 16HR Camo Concealer
E.l.f. Cosmetics 16HR Camo Concealer delivers 16 hours of continuous coverage. Giving your skin a natural look and balancing oil throughout the day.
- Full coverage.
- 100% vegan
- Easy to apply.
- Feels heavy.
4) Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Concealer
A lightweight, medium-coverage concealer with a soft-matte formula that conceals, brightens and corrects without ever looking cakey or greasy. It is available in 50 shades.
- Creamy texture.
- Crease proof.
5) Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer
The Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer is oil-free and breathable to prevent clogging your pores. It adapts to different skin tones to ensure that everyone has their perfect match.
- Natural-looking coverage.
- Smooth texture.
- Blends well.
- Doesn’t stay a long time.
- Settles do creases.
6) Juvia’s Place I Am Magic Concealer
This brand-new concealer is infused with pigment-treated amino acids to provide high coverage and complete concealment. Available in 24 shades, including one for women of color. The formula seamlessly blends into the skin and conceals imperfections within minutes.
- Doesn’t crease.
- Ashy type.
7) NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Contour Concealer
The NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Contour Concealer is a drugstore favorite thanks to its long-wearing and matte formula. That delivers complete coverage and shine control for flawless complexion makeup.
- Good pigmentation.
8) L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer
It provides superior coverage for 24 hours with a flawless matte finish. The 312 shade provides perfect coverage for medium skin tones. This concealer is highly pigmented and covers blemishes, large pores, and dark circles without settling into fine lines.
- Glides easily
- Full coverage
9) Swiss Beauty Liquid Concealer
Swiss Beauty Liquid Concealer has a rich texture that brightens your skin instantly. The Sand Sable shade is a perfect match for fair skin tones. This concealer has a high-tech liquid formula that blends easily into your skin and gives you a full coverage look. If you prefer a pocket-friendly face concealer for oily skin, this is the best choice. It is lightweight and waterproof and conceals all imperfections to make your face look flawless.
- Smooth application
- Can Oxidizes easily
Questions about concealer application
Several myths about concealers need to be debunked. Before we get into details, we need to know how to choose and apply one.
- Use concealer under your eyes, around your nose, and on spots. If you’re looking for more coverage, apply concealer after your foundation. Obviously apply concealer to small patches of skin that are different shades (such as under your eyes, around your nose, or on spots).
- If you have a relatively flawless complexion, you should probably avoid foundation and only apply concealer where necessary. Also, your concealer should be perfectly matched to your skin tone. Remember to apply it sparingly in thin layers.
- It is impossible to conceal skin problems such as pimples, brown pigmentation, or red birthmarks without bringing attention to your make-up use. Even the best concealers have their limitations.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Does liquid concealer work better than cream concealer?
Cream concealer provides better coverage than a liquid one. Because its texture is thicker and opaque pigments. This is ideal for normal, dry, or sensitive skin.
Is it better to use a lighter or darker concealer?
Make sure that you always use a concealer, that is a shade lighter than your foundation. This will help to conceal dark circles and discoloration. But don’t go too light. Too light concealers can leave a ghostly effect.
What should I look for choosing a concealer?
If you are choosing the best color concealer, you should pick a shade that matches your skin tone on the face. In that chase select one or two shades lighter on your under-eye area.
How to Pick the Right Concealer For Oily Skin And Dark Circles
Select the Correct Formula
You should choose oil-free, lightweight, and matte finish concealers for oily skin. So they can be built up without looking cakey or patchy.
Coverage and Shade
Choose a shade to complement your undertone and give you a natural look. For this, you should go in one or two lighter shades than your foundation. So that it can cover your under-eye circles and color correction.
Makeup concealers play an essential role in maintaining a flawless appearance. The best concealers for oily skin offer long-lasting coverage. Even skin tone and blend easily without irritating your skin. Choose one of the above products and say goodbye to shine.