You may feel as if no amount of moisturizer will be able to keep your skin soft, supple, and hydrated. However, this does not mean you should skip moisturizing. As long as, you eat foods that contain essential vitamins promote skin health and hydrate them. We spoke to a wide range of experts. Including registered dietitians and dermatologists, to determine what foods are dry skin-friendly and what foods you should avoid. Also, consult a dermatologist for a personalized treatment plan based on your skincare needs.
Table Of Contents
How can foods contribute to the treatment of dry skin?
Skins protective function helps prevent water loss, stop harmful chemicals and allergens from reaching the rest of the body. The skin also helps maintain the body’s temperature by providing a barrier against harmful external agents. Such as bacteria, oxidants, and ultraviolet light. A healthy balanced diet that provides the nutrients. A person requires to help support the skin in its protective functions. Similarly, if a person does not eat a healthy diet, it can change the function of the skin, leading to complaints such as dry skin. Those without sufficient vitamins and minerals to keep their skin healthy can suffer from dry skin. Making sure those vitamins and minerals are part of our daily diets can help, keep our skin healthy. Omega-3 fatty acids, green tea anti-oxidants, and turmeric can also alleviate dry skin symptoms.
5 foods to avoid if you have dry skin
Taking lots of caffeine restricts the flow of moisture to your skin. By constricting the blood vessels, specifically your eye area. This problem is aggravated by consuming coffee early in the morning. Try drinking one cup of coffee a day, instead of more, and see if this helps.
Rice, bread, and pasta are high in refined carbs. Which harms the body in the same way that sugar does. They wreak havoc in the bloodstream and damage the natural collagen. That gives your skin its elasticity, causing wrinkles and premature aging.
A diet containing large amounts of sugar is not good for your skin, regardless of your type of skin. A high dose of sugar in the bloodstream erodes collagen, which is essential for maintaining skin elasticity. If you do enjoy sweets, choose honey instead of sugar.
Continuing to drink beer can dehydrate you. and make you look older as well as lead to wrinkles and fine lines. Alcohol, being a diuretic, keeps your body from absorbing fluid, leading to dehydration and dryer skin.
Sugar is not the only unhealthy food for the skin. Salt dries out the body, leaving your skin dehydrated. If you end up eating foods high in salts, such as French fries or potato chips, make sure you balance. it can out by drinking lots of water.
5 foods that always moisturize dry skin
It is well known that eggs are one of the best foods to prevent dry skin. Eggs are rich in soluble vitamins that help to keep skin cells from bursting. Eggs contain high levels of vitamin A, D, and E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, protein, and folate. all of which are vitally important to the skin. When you eat an egg, do not throw away the yolk because it contains the most nutrition your skin needs.
How to Use Eggs to Dry Skin
- 1-2 whole boiled or poached eggs are a good breakfast option. You can also have scrambled eggs for lunch or add eggs into salads or sandwiches.
- Apply the egg yolk to your skin for 10 minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water.
There is the high water content in cucumbers. which makes them an ideal food for those who suffer from dry skin. Cucumbers also contain silica which is an ingredient of muscles, ligaments, cartilages, tendons, and bones.
How to Use Cucumber to Dry Skin
- You can eat cucumber slices thinly, sliced with salt. Or you can add cucumber to salads, sandwiches, detox waters. You can drink cucumber soup or juice.
- Juice the cucumber. Finely grate the cucumber. Add honey and aloe vera gel, and mix them together. Apply the mask for 20 minutes. Then remove with a clean, soft cloth dipped in lukewarm water.
The nutrients found in fish aid, removing toxins from the body and reducing your inflammation, and sealing moisture in the body. Fish are also a great source of vitamins, minerals, and protein that aid the proper functioning of the cells. Thus protecting the skin from flaking.
How to Use fish to Dry Skin
- For dry skin, eat fish with the skin. As it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. You can grill, bake, poach, or make curry with the fish. You can buy it at the market. You can also buy these fish from the supermarket but make sure they are fresh.
Besides EFAs or essential fatty acids, such as omega 3, omega 6 and iron, zinc, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B and E, and other nutrients are found in nuts. It is rich in hydration, improves blood circulation, and maintains skin layer integrity.
How to Use Nuts to Dry Skin
- You can also add nuts to breakfast smoothies, salads, stir-fries, milk, etc. By soaking the nuts overnight, you can have a few nuts with breakfast. Consuming nuts in moderation is essential to avoiding excess fat intake, but too much can be detrimental.
- The almond paste is made by blending 4-6 almonds (soaked overnight) until smooth. Add two tablespoons of milk, and mix well. Applying the mask to your face for 20 minutes. Then wiping it off with a soft cloth dipped in warm water.
Sweet potato is one of the best vegetables to heal your dry skin condition. Sweet potatoes are high in phosphorus, biotin, potassium, copper, carotenoids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6. As well as dietary fiber are the nutrients that make this vegetable antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Which helps to soothe the skin from within, as well as flush out harmful toxins.
How to Use Nuts to Dry Skin
- Squeeze the juice out of a grated sweet potato. Then mix with honey, pour on your skin and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Eat delicious sweet potatoes grilled, baked, or sautéed.
Points to Keep in Mind
- Make sure you’re getting plenty of water.
- Have plenty of sleep on a regular schedule.
- Try to remain as stress-free as possible.
- Carry an excellent moisturizer and lip balm with you at most times.
- Be sure you don’t use a water-based moisturizer.
- Before moving out, use a moisturizing serum and sun cream.
- After coming out of the bath, use a body lotion.
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol because it would cause dehydration.
- If you’re having difficulty treating your health, see just a doctor.
You will notice a noticeable difference within a few days. After following these tips and consuming the dry-skin fighting foods listed above. Give your skin the treatment, it deserves from within. And if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.