It can be extremely challenging to find the right foundation for you. When you have acne-prone skin, you will definitely face a difficult challenge. Obviously, that will feel you hopeless. The importance of choosing a correct foundation cannot be underestimated. Because foundation may go wrong when it applies to your blemishes. If you have acne-prone skin, you should look for lighter-weight treatments. So it won’t irritate your breakouts. Do you want some which will provide coverage and avoid highlighting sensitive areas?
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is mineral make-up?
- 2 What makes mineral make-up unique?
- 3 7 Best Mineral Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin
- 3.1 1. BareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
- 3.2 2. Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF15
- 3.3 3. Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral Foundation
- 3.4 4. Gressa Minimalist Serum Foundation
- 3.5 5. MINERAL FUSION Liquid Foundation
- 3.6 6. Pür Pressed Mineral Foundation
- 3.7 7. Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation
- 4 Benefits of Mineral Make-Up
- 5 Disadvantages of Mineral Makeup
- 6 Conclusion
What is mineral make-up?
Mineral make-up contains minerals such as zinc, mica, and titanium oxide. At first, they are blended with pigments and pressed. At last, they are milled. If you’re having issues with your skin, this is a good product to choose from. Because it’s free from oils, waxes, synthetic fragrances, and preservatives.
What makes mineral make-up unique?
Mineral makeup is preferred by those who have problems with their skin for a number of reasons. The primary reason is the fact that it does not irritate the skin. A mineral makeup’s strength is what’s not in the formulations. If you use natural ingredients, you can develop clean formulations. Even this is free of most additives and can clog pores, cause breakouts, and irritate the skin. As mineral foundations are commonly formulated with SPF’s like zinc oxide. So this makes them an excellent source of sun protection.
7 Best Mineral Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin
1. BareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
BareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation is both hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. This is also free of silicone, oil, paraben, and fragrance. So it’s great for people who have sensitive and acne-prone skin. Even this lightweight formula creates the “No Makeup” look very easily. Obviously, it will allow for natural coverage. If you can be topped with powder, it will give more full coverage. We tend to recommend less is more when it comes to this product.
- Natural-looking coverage.
- Thin and lightweight.
- Comes in 20 shades.
- Looks skin healthy.
- SPF 20.
- Little difficult to blend.
- Medium coverage.
- Lasts 6 hours.
2. Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF15
With Bobbi Brown’s Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation, you can achieve flawless coverage, even on the hottest or humid nights. With 16 hours of wear through heat and humidity. The natural matte finish gives you always a natural look. It also gives still being comfortable and hydrating enough for dry skin. Infusing it with glycerine and a whole host of other skin-loving ingredients. Even it doesn’t clog pores. And it is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, sulfates, and gluten. It won’t irritate the skin.
- Full coverage.
- Gives a natural matte finish.
- 30 shades.
- Have fragrance.
- Not for dry skin.
3. Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral Foundation
This light-reflecting serum-foundation combo promises to reduce pores and diminish fine wrinkles. It also keeps your skin radiant with fine to medium coverage. This has liposomes that protect the active ingredients from degradation. And it also ensures that they penetrate your skin effectively.
- Pigmented foundation.
- Airless pump bottle which is transparent.
- Skin feels hydrated.
- No SPF
4. Gressa Minimalist Serum Foundation
The serum foundation by Gressa is both a makeup and skincare product. Its multivitamins and botanicals help heal the skin. It will also set our makeup base perfectly. It is a proprietary formulation of carefully selected botanical extracts. So that will care for your skin by increasing its radiance and clarity. Its mineral pigments provide a tone-correcting, natural finish.
- Covers everything.
- Skin looks healthy.
- Disappeared easily.
5. MINERAL FUSION Liquid Foundation
Liquid foundations are being preferred by some people. Because it will give you excellent coverage. So mineral fusion liquid foundations are recommended for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin. Its natural ingredients give you a flawless natural look. This will also provide the correct amount of nourishment to your skin. Even it has the perfect amount of coverage without feeling heavy or heavy on your skin.
- Rated by EWG.
- Variety of colors.
- Not give full coverage.
- No SPF.
6. Pür Pressed Mineral Foundation
All-in-one foundation that provides SPF 15, concealer, powder, and foundation all in one compact. So, it makes your makeup bag lighter and easier to carry. It also contains Retinol, Lactic Acid, Shea Butter, and Ceramide. Definitely, that actively improves your skin tone and texture. It will be diminished the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Can be used for sensitive skin.
- High coverage.
- Gives a natural look.
- Clog your pores.
- Not a 4-1 product.
7. Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation
Satin Matte Foundation offers 45 shades of buildable coverage. It is also based on four hypoallergenic minerals. So this buildable mineral foundation brightens our skin, evens out our complexion. The range of 45 shades ensures that everyone will find their perfect match.
- Gives natural look.
- Easy to blend.
- Can creases.
- Easily fades away.
Benefits of Mineral Make-Up
- Mineral makeup is the best solution if you have allergies and sensitive skin. Mineral makeup does not irritate your skin. Also, it has no preservatives, dyes, fragrances, or harmful chemicals which can clog your pores. Even it is non-comedogenic.
- With mineral makeup, you will be able to achieve a natural sheen. If you want to achieve the best coverage, you must apply more layers to your face.
- Zinc oxide can reduce the appearance of scars. If you have acne breakouts, this can help control the redness on your skin.
Disadvantages of Mineral Makeup
- Mineral makeup does not use dyes. Because it comes up with a limited number of colors that are suited for your skin tone.
- Pure mineral makeup is difficult to find. Because what you might buy is not refined in its ingredients. Some products can contain bismuth oxychloride which can make your skin itch.
Mineral makeup has long been in use. Basically, it is not something new in society. It is just necessary to do enough research. Now, you can know about what is contained in mineral products. By that, you will be able to avoid any kind of issues on your skin. Some products may claim to be raw minerals. Though they are not what they claim.